Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lending a helping hand




















While sipping my morning cup of chai 7alib (milk tea), i got an email from my good friend Ko who had something that touched me when I first read it. First off, even though this blog is all about artsy stuff and whats in and relevant to the audience, I'm also a person who loves it when locals create beautiful unusual things..its when you see the hope in their eyes, authenticity, quality and uniqueness in their products that really gets to me.

From this I would like to point out what Mrs. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy did as part of her first official overseas visit to Khayelitsha, South Africa back in February. She was presented with a Township
® bag made out of hessian and cotton from her visit to Zenzele training and development center (a women's sewing cooperative). The bag has colors of yellow, red, blue, green, white and black, that symbolizes this country. Available now and as a limited edition numbered from 2 to 421, this township® bag is an accessory that is not only an ethical choice but is right on trend. Proceeds of this sale will go towards financing a new sewing center creating meaningful and sustainable employment for 10 previously disadvantaged women.

For more info, contact info@township.co.za

No comments: